Student Loan Refinance Technology & Service
Deciding to do a student loan refinance is a difficult decision. Therefore, we make it easy for FitBUX Member's by offering:
- Personalized help throughout the student loan refinance process
- Access to unbiased financial experts
- Easy shopping with 8 student loan refinance lenders
- Access to one-of-a-kind tools
"I couldn't have imagined receiving this great of support for my student loan refinance. Incredibly helpful and I will be recommending FitBUX to everyone I know with student loans."
Tyson M. - DPT, USC Class of 2019
Become A Member. Get Free Help!
Become a member & build your profile. It takes 5 minutes to build, gives you access to our tools, and helps our Coaches understand your situation.
Get Expert Help
Schedule a call with a FitBUX Coach. They are experts in financial planning & student loans. Plus we have technology to help you make your decision easy!
Refi & Save
From determining your strategy to closing the loan, Your Coach will help you throughout the student loan refinance process.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Service
We get asked this based on two points of view:
1) Are they really the lowest rate? Answer: We keep a database of lenders rates for various data points. This is one reason why we have you build your FitBUX profile. Based on your profile we can triangulate who would offer the most competitive rates so you don't have to waste your time shopping 9 different lenders.
2) If the student loan refinance lender is paying you, how do I know you aren't simply sending me to the company that pays you the most? Answer: Each lender compensates us a different amount. Our FitBUX Coaches do not know the amount each lender pays us. In addition, our Coaches are paid the same regardless of what lender you choose and/or if you decide to refinance or not. That is why they don't pressure you to refinance. Their goal is to provide you with the appropriate numbers and to answer your questions so you can make the best decision.
Some of the student loan refinance lenders we work with will compete for your business. Thus, they will offer you a lower rate if we provide them with the right documents. Be sure to ask your FitBUX Coach if this is an option for you.
When it comes to private loans, the majority of time your FitBUX Score will increase either today or increase relatively faster than if you didn't refinance.
For Federal student loans, it depends. There are a number of different plans and each affects your FitBUX Score differently. That is why we highly recommend speaking with one of our FitBUX Coaches. They are expert student loan planners.
Everybody has a different situation. The key is calculating how much you really save by refinancing. You can then decide if going from a Federal loan to a private loan is worth it.
Sometimes we see people save $500 by refinancing and say yes its worth it. Sometimes we see people that would save $30,000 and say no its not worth it. That is why we recommend taking advantage of our free service and speaking with a FitBUX Coach.
For private student loans, its almost always worth it to refinance.
For most borrowers we are seeing rates between 5.5% and 7% depending on the term that you are using.
Using FitBUX's student loan refinance service does not affect your credit score.
When you do a rate check, your score is not affected.
Once you submit an application, the student loan refinance lender does a hard credit inquiry. This may drop your score slightly. However, once you two to three months after you complete the refinance, we typically see credit scores go up.
This is the first step in the process, i.e. determining if you are paying off your student loans or pursuing loan forgiveness. This is why we recommend building your profile and using our financial planning technology. Therefore, you will know which route you are going and if refinancing makes since for you or not.
This depends on the student loan refinance lender. Some take as little as 24 hours. Others take about 2 weeks. It also depends on how quickly you provide the appropriate documentation.