Our student loan planning experts have helped FitBUX Members manage and eliminate over $1.5 billion in student loans. In doing so, we’ve helped them find the best student loan refinance companies as part of our free student loan refinance service.
Therefore, we have developed good relationships with multiple student loan refinance companies. In addition, we have been able to “weed out” the ones that we don’t think can benefit our Members and/or those that we’ve received a lot of complaints about.
Below is list of the 10 best student loan refinance companies that FitBUX has chosen to partner with. For more information, you may click on each one for an in-depth review.
Also, we’ve broken down a handful of specific categories and ranked companies within those categories. Thus, you can find one that best suits your situation.
9 Best Student Loan Refinance Companies & Reviews
ISL Education Lending is a new partner as well. They lend to most states, except for Maine. Get your rates above and find out how much you might save. Review coming soon!
College Ave is a recent addition to our platform. We are excited because they offer great in-school loans. Therefore, we are anxious to see what type of refinance rates they offer. Read the full review.
Best Student Loan Refinance Company By Category
Having helped thousands of FitBUX members and thanks to our long-lasting relationships with our partners, here is a quick summary of our findings. Of course, each situation is different, but this is a great place to start.
Most Competitive Rates
Best for High DTI Ratios
Best for Lower Credit Scores (sub 700)
Easiest Application Process (time, ease of use)
Best for Borrowers needing a “non-spouse” cosigner
Best for Spousal Cosigners
Most Comprehensive for Complex Situations
Best Student Loan Refinance Rates
Below are rates that we are “typically” seeing right now for those applying without a co-signer. By “typically” I am referring to what you can actually expect to receive not the ultra low rates that all the student loan refinance companies advertise.
5 Year Fixed Rate Loan: 2.8%
10 Year Fixed Rate Loan: 3.5%
15 Year Fixed Rate Loan: 3.8%
20 Year Fixed Rate Loan: 4.25%.
How The Best Student Loan Refinance Companies Are Chosen
We want Members of FitBUX to have a good experience. Therefore, we look at a number of factors when determining the best student loan refinance companies. Below is a brief list of the factors we take into account:
- Technology Platform: How easy is it for people to get a quote, complete an application, and get their loan funded?
- Rates Stability: We want to make sure what you interest rate you are quoted is the same rate at the end of the process. I.e. the lender doesn’t quote you something good then increase your rate at the end.
- Quality of Customer Service: This is key during the application process as well as after the loan is completed.
- Product Availability: We want to make sure we have a lender that can service you. Therefore, we don’t include anyone that is geographically limited.
- Ease of Interaction: To make the end to end process as smooth as possible for FitBUX Members, we try and communicate with the company directly. However, due to legal restrictions, there may be instances where a FitBUX Member has to join a 3-way call with us and the lender. Some companies are better than others when it comes to this.
- Rates Competitiveness: We want to make sure that our refinance partners offer the most competitive interest rates in the market. We also have a few partners that will compete against each other if the situation is right.
Please note that there are student loan refinance companies that we’ve partnered with that we decided to no longer work with. Some have really big names, others are small companies who are struggling with development. Either way, our Members have tended to have bad experiences with these companies or they don’t meet our requirements above. Therefore, if you don’t see a company on our list, chances are we know who they are and have decided not to work with them. You are more than welcome to ask your FitBUX Coach about these other companies.
FitBUX’s Unique Approach To Working With The Best Student Loan Refinance Companies
The primary thing we want all our Member’s to know…We work for you not the lender! Our approach is unique in two ways: First, we help you determine whether refinancing is right for you and whether you should be using our free student loan refinance service. Your FitBUX Coach will help you:
- Analyze your situation, crunch numbers for you, and help determine if refinancing is right for you,
- Find the best student loan refinance company for your situation,
- Help you choose the right loan product,
- Help you throughout the process should you need it, and
- Call your old lender with you should they not allocate the funds correctly or make other mistakes along the way.
Second, we have a truly unbiased approach. I have spent a lot of time in the finance world and have personally witnessed “financial professionals” simply push certain products that pay them the most.
My personal goal is to avoid that at FitBUX. All of our student loan refinance partners pay us when you refinance. However, your FitBUX Coach does not know which company pays us more relative to other companies. In addition, your FitBUX Coach is a salaried employee and does not get paid on commission. Therefore, they have zero to gain or lose based on if you refinance or not. We truly have your best interest in mind. Period.Recommened Student Loan Refinance Articles
- Student Loan Refinancing: 8 Myths Debunked
- How To Refinance Your Student Loans
- Refinancing Student Loans Pros & Cons
- Refinancing Student Loans: The Ultimate Guide
Also, if you are pursuing student loan forgiveness via an Income-Based repayment plan, do not refinance!